SaskFlax.com and POGA.com
Cranberries, chopped apricots, apple, nuts, etc. can also be added to the stuffing.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced celery
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) curry powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) whole flaxseed
- pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- In a medium fry pan over medium to medium high heat, sauté onion and celery in oil until soft, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, stir in parsley, garlic, poultry seasoning and curry powder. Stir 30 seconds.
- Add oats, stir well and remove from heat.
- Add chicken broth and stir until almost absorbed. Add flaxseed and pepper. Let cool 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in egg. Use mixture to stuff cavity or under the skin of chicken before roasting. Can also be spread on flattened turkey or chicken breast, rolled and baked or stuff peppers or zucchini, cover with foil and bake.
Yield: 2 cup (500 mL)
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 mL). Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
- Cranberries, chopped apricots, apple, nuts, etc. can also be added to the stuffing.
|Total Fat||0 g|
< Back to main Recipes page