Linolicious Lip Balm
Find relief from the discomfort of chapped lips caused by the cold,dry air of winter.
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grated, unbleached beeswax or beads
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flaxseed oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) liquid honey
- 5 to 6 drops essential oil such as peppermint
- Place wax in a small tin or heatproof container.
- Fill a small saucepan with 1 inch (2.5 cm) water. Place tin in water and bring to a simmer. Stir wax with a wooden chopstick until completely melted. Add oil, honey and essential oil and stir well to blend. Pour into pots or tubes.
- Let sit until completely set, at least 30 minutes.
Yield: 3 Tbsp (45 mL)
< Back to main Recipes page