Hummus with Flax
Appetizer, Diabetic Friendly, Ground Flaxseed, Flax Oil
Creamy Light Hummus made with ground flaxseed and flax oil!
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tahini
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flax oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) water
- In a blender or food processor, blend chickpeas, tahini, ground flaxseed, flax oil, lemon juice, garlic, until it reaches a creamy texture. Add a little water if needed to produce a smooth texture.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery, red pepper slice, pita wedges or bite sized tortilla chips.
Yield: 2 1/2 cup (625 mL).
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (60 mL). Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of ground flax and 1 tsp (5 mL) flax oil.
|Total Fat||14 g|
< Back to main Recipes page