Homemade Flax Waffles
Baking, Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flaxseed oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, sugar and salt; blend well.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks until thick. Add milk, flaxseed oil and vanilla to egg mixture; mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Heat and prepare waffle iron as per manufacturer’s directions. Scoop batter onto waffle iron and cook until done. Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, etc.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 2 - 3 x 5 inch (7.5 x 12.5 cm) waffles. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of ground flaxseed and 1 tsp (5 mL) of flaxseed oil.
|Total Fat||3 g|
< Back to main Recipes page