Cocoa Drop Cookies
Baking, Ground Flaxseed
Soft and chewy right out of the oven!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) alt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180º C (350º F). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add honey, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, ground flaxseed, salt and baking powder. Stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonful onto a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches (5 cm) between cookies.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are firm.
- Remove from the oven. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cool on a rack.
Yield: 36 cookies.
Serving Size: 1 cookie. Each serving size contains 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||3 g|
< Back to main Recipes page