Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Entree, Ground Flaxseed, Flax Oil
Before serving, refrigerate for one hour so flavours can blend.
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light salad dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hot sauce or to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flaxseed oil
- alt and pepper to taste
- 4 (10 inch/ 25 cm) flax or whole wheat tortilla
- 4.2 oz. (120 g) package broccoli or alfalfa sprout
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, carrot, celery, salad dressing, hot sauce, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide chicken mixture, lengthwise on lower third of each tortilla. Tear broccoli sprouts into four bunches. Slightly pull apart each bunch to loosen. Lay along side filling. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) blue cheese.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over filling, fold ends in holding in place while continuing to roll up from bottom to form a roll. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate one hour for flavours to blend.
- Slice each roll crosswise on the diagonal before serving.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving Size: 1 wrap. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of ground flaxseed and 1 tsp (5 mL) of flaxseed oil.
|Total Fat||4 g|
< Back to main Recipes page