The emollient action of flaxseed is sure to soften and soothe. For extra healing properties, try adding 2 400-IU capsules of vitamin E oil. Experiment with essential oils. We liked lavender, sandalwood and tea tree.
- 1 cup (250 mL) distilled water
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) whole flaxseed
- 1 to 2 drops essential oil
- In a saucepan, combine water and flaxseed and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened about 10 minutes. Strain and cool completely.
- Add essential oil to liquid and blend with hand mixer.
- Pour into small glass container.
Yield: approximately 3/4 cup (175 mL)
< Back to main Recipes page